All Materials Are RoHS and DFARS Compliant!
*Click Material Title to Download MSDS and Technical Data Sheets*
MICA (Silicone Bonded Mica)
Mica is an alumino-silicate with exceptional physical, electrical, mechanical, and thermal characteristics with primary applications being in the area of high-volume and high-temperature electrical insulation. It has found extremely successful application as a replacement for asbestos based sheets in the construction and maintenance of electrical induction and arc furnaces, as well as many other high-temperature applications. It is also a mechanically strong material utilized in applications where continuous temperatures range as high as 500ºC, or in short term environments of 600ºC.
Its composition is approximately 90% uncalcined Muscovite or Phlogopite paper and 10% cured high temperature silicone binder.
- Color: Silver/grey material
- Radiation Resistant
- Excellent punching qualities
- Exceptional electrical, thermal and mechanical characteristics
- Excellent tensile strength
- Heating element support in appliances
- Industrial heaters
- Arc furnaces
- Heat shields
- Other thermal or electric insulator applications